TEACCH Autism Program Training
5 Day TEACCH Training
What the course offers
This five-day course provides a theoretical foundation as well as hands-on opportunities to assess and teach individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in a demonstration classroom setting. The premise of this foundation is an understanding of the learning styles of individuals with ASD and how to use teaching strategies that capitalize on learning strengths. An emphasis is placed on the use of Structured TEACCHing principles to teach individuals with ASD skills in the areas of academics (literacy and numeracy), communication, independence, social and leisure, vocational, relaxation and coping strategies. Participants will have an opportunity to apply these strategies with students of varying functioning levels in a classroom setting during group and individual activities. The training includes presentations, small group discussions, demonstration classroom activities and hands-on experiences for five consecutive days.
You can find out more about TEACCH from the University of North Carolina website.
At the completion of training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the unique learning styles of children and adolescents with ASD
- Conduct informal assessments to set learning objectives and monitor progress
- Create meaningful and individualized visual structure for students with ASD in both individual and group settings
- Implement Structured TEACCHing strategies to facilitate the development of academics skills (literacy and numeracy), communication, independence, social and leisure skills, and vocational skills
- Conduct a behavioural assessment and implement problem solving approaches to reduce behavioural difficulties
- Develop and implement relaxation and coping interventions
- Implement strategies for working and collaborating with families of individuals with ASD
This course is designed for educators, psychologists, speech language pathologists, as well as others interested in educational strategies and intervention programs for preschool and early primary-aged children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
5 Day Training Course
Start: Monday October 1st 9.00am
Finish: Friday October 5th 5.00pm
Melton Specialist School
159-211 Coburns Road, Melton, Victoria 3337
Make an Enquiry
There are limited places available for this course.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details about the course and learn how to make a booking.