TEACCH Autism Program Training
Structured TEACCHing Training
Courses we offer
Fundamentals of Structured TEACCHing and Behavior Management for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (October 2020)
- Identify characteristics and learning styles of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Develop individualized schedules and work/activity systems
- Develop meaningful visual structure that promotes independence with educational activities
- Problem solve behaviors using Structured TEACCHing principles
This course is designed for educators, para-educators, allied health clinicians and caregivers.
TEACCH Five-Day Classroom Training (March 30th to April 3rd – Registrations open)
This is the first prerequisite in the TEACCH Professional Certification Program. Click here for more information about the certification process.
This five-day course provides a theoretical foundation as well as hands-on opportunities to assess and teach individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in a demonstration classroom setting. The premise of this foundation is an understanding of the learning styles of individuals with ASD and how to use teaching strategies that capitalize on learning strengths. An emphasis is placed on the use of Structured TEACCHing principles to teach individuals with ASD skills in the areas of academics (literacy and numeracy), communication, independence, social and leisure, vocational, relaxation and coping strategies.
Participants will have an opportunity to apply Structured TEACCHing principles to teach students of varying functioning levels in a classroom setting during group and individual activities. The training includes presentations, small group discussions, demonstration classroom activities and hands-on experiences for five consecutive days.
At the completion of training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the unique learning styles of children and adolescents with ASD
- Conduct informal assessments to set learning objectives and monitor progress
- Create meaningful and individualized visual structure for students with ASD in both individual and group settings
- Implement Structured TEACCHing strategies to facilitate development of skills in the areas of academics (literacy and numeracy), communication, independence, social and leisure, and vocational
- Conduct a behavioral assessment and implement problem solving approaches to reduce behavioral difficulties
- Develop and implement relaxation and coping interventions
- Implement strategies for working and collaborating with families of individuals with ASD
To register please download our Registration Information Booklet.
Melton Specialist School
159-211 Coburns Road, Melton, Victoria 3337
Make an Enquiry
There are limited places available for these courses.
Please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.